Wednesday, September 28, 2005

The first Dahara Campaign, The Duke's War, ended in June of 2005. In the months leading up to it, there were numerous questions as to what I was going to do after it was over. After much thinking, I decided that I did want to return to this world, but wanted to do it right. Make it a more complete world than what it was.

Don't get me wrong, Dahara: The Duke's War was the most successful campaign I'd ever run, and it was the only one that actually had a beginning and an end. I really enjoyed it, and felt that the world itself had legs to go in several different directions. The enjoyment from my players made me think so as well.

But like I said, I wanted to do it right. So that meant re-examining the entire world and rebuilding it from the ground up.

And that is what brings me to this blog. I thought it might be kind of fun to make the process somewhat transparent so that my process could be documented and commented on. Knowing that others have done world-building for RPGs before, they could offer numerous suggestions for things I've never thought of.

Now that I've spent enough time away from the world, I'm ready to return. Hopefully by building it up again, it'll be ready for another campaign within a year.

So, join me as we take a look into the land of Dahara.

No comments: