Saturday, March 15, 2008

Narrowing The Focus

Since we finished the second session with my new group, I've had some time to develop the campaign into more than a vague mention. Taking a cue from my PCs, this is going to be a dwarf-centric campaign (all but 2 are dwarves). I've decided to center it in the Caras Peaks in Dahara. I've developed the main plot, and have now begun the Character Document. This will detail out the world from the PCs perspective, and help them narrow their focus on their characters.

At first I thought this was going to limit them a bit. To a certain extent it will. As I look at it further though, I see that this isn't a bad thing. As new players, I don't need them overwhelmed by all the choices available. Give them a select few within the scope of what I'm planning and things may actually proceed better than before. I think having such wide-open options, as I did with my Dahara: Duke's War campaign made some elements a bit difficult.

We'll see.

So, once I've completed the Character Document, I'll send that and the "20 Questions" document (to help them define their PC backstory) to my players and let them chew on that for a while. This will really help me flesh out the plot better and give me ammo to integrate each character in the larger story.

In other campaign notes, I'm making use of the Obsidian Portal Campaign Wiki site. You can find this campaign, which is now titled: Dahara: Faterl's Forge there. Not much on there yet (just a couple of NPCs), but slowly but surely.

Once the Character Document and 20 Questions are completed I will post them.

No comments: